Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food. Over the decades this humble sandwich has evolved from basic American processed cheese to countless adaptations.
We love that both honey and vinegar are popular condiments often used in newer versions of this classic. Visit our Facebook to see some delicious examples. But, before you do, here are some quick tips that will guarantee the best grilled cheese every time:
- Preheat the griddle and use medium low heat.
- For a perfectly toasted sandwich, lightly brush melted butter on outside of bread.
- Never skimp on the bread; use best quality and not too thick.
- Use easy-melting cheeses (no worry, there are many to choose from!)
- Shred or grate the cheese.
- When ready to cook, it’s best that cheese is at room temperature.
- Cheese should be evenly distributed on the bread.
- After the first ‘flip,’ press with a tool, like a spatula, heatproof plate or cake pan to get that crispy, golden-brown crust.
In honor of Grilled Cheese Month, we’re super-excited to offer this giveaway (ending April 21st) that includes our honey crème and vinegar, a Boska cheese grater and a fabulous recipe book, “Grilled Cheese, Please” by cheese expert and author Laura Werlin. One of the country’s foremost authorities on cheese, Laura is a James Beard award-winning author of six books on the subject. We hope you’ll visit Laura’s website to learn more – http://www.laurawerlin.com/books. We also hope you’ll enter our giveaway (click HERE). And please do share with all the other honey and cheese lovers you know. Best luck!